Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dr

my breakfast:)
morethanchocolate.net


what an eventful morning ...

I had a Dr. appt. because I have an ob/gyn but not a primary and decided after I got sick with bad sinus and ear infection last fall I need a primary Dr. so I thought I'd be in and out no problem. well that didn't exactly happen. first off my Blood Pressure was high, they checked it 4 times because im so dang tiny the numbers just couldn't be correct, right? well it was ( it was 133/91) so now I have to monitor my BP every other day and keep a log and return to the Dr. in a month to go over that and see if I need to be put on medication or not. oh joy. but that's not all . . . then I had to go have blood drawn -NNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!! im such a baby about needles. I teared up before she even touched me. and as if that wasn't bad enough, apparently I have a heart murmur . . .which I noticed about a year and a half ago and didn't realize its not really normal. sometimes its worse than others. so anyway she had me go do an EKG which is an electrocardiogram, its a test that checks for problems with the electrical activity of your heart. painless and fast. and after all that drama I have to go back this afternoon and have an echo test which is basically a sonogram of my heart. woohoo! good grief I'm falling apart and im only 23 lol! Im sure everything will be fine and in a few days when all the tests are back i can breathe easily :) right? right! so for now im stuffing my face with cookies to make me feel better lol

JwF

P.s did the echo (sono of my heart) that was cool to watch. just have to wait and hear from the Dr now on all the tests from today.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Peanut!

    Just so you know, there are dietary measures you can try (and exercise in general) will help bring your blood pressure down. Blood pressure medication is an awesome thing, but it's not without side effects, so if you can lower your blood pressure any other way it's worth a shot.

    (Fwiw, poor Sam also has high blood pressure....what is it with you younguns!?!?!)

    ReplyDelete