Sunday, February 20, 2011

Moving Mountains ...


Had to share my super cute "old lady" dress that i got. wore it to church this morning 
and bling'd it up with all my pearls ... cute cute.



Matthew 21:21a  "if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was 
done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain."

This Morning i went to church and I know the sermon was not written directly for me but boy did it  jump out and yell at me!

Many people think that this faith necessary for "mountain moving" is a matter of working something up - like rallying one's courage in a difficult situation.  But in truth it is more of a letting go than a "summoning up".  there will be many times and circumstances in all of our lives when there is nothing we can really do about a particular problem, no matter how hard we try (or plan or think).  At such times, we need to learn to trust God that He will resolve everything according to His will, remembering and believing that that will is for our good in every way.     


My mountain seems to grow each day... I have Faith but i need to pray about my doubts.  I pray for my husband every day, this is the hardest on him and i know he gets run down and loses hope. being away from home and family for so long can do that to you ... he has been gone 5 1/2 weeks now and wont be home for several more weeks :( I am proud of you for sticking with this and doing whats best for our family!


JwF

3 comments:

  1. Love the dress! Where did you find it?

    And I so admire you two, being apart is hard:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dress Jennie. Thanks for coming to Corrie's baby shower. Hope Preston gets to come home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look super cute girly! I love the dress!

    ReplyDelete