Sunday, April 28, 2013

Coconut oil

Who would have thought that putting oil on your face was a good thing? Not me! I have always had oily skin and its so annoying (but they say you'll wrinkle less and later in life :wink: ) I'm constantly looking for a good makeup to help reduce shine and I use the oil blot sheets daily (love them) and unfortunately a little over a year ago I decided to get acne. I thought I was in the clear because I didn't really have an issue with that when I was in my teens ... But 25ish hit and bam! It was so bad that I had to go to the dermatologist and had all sorts of things done and took this high power medicine where I couldn't even be in the sun last summer (pasty is the new tan) and these things helped a lot but I'm still left with red spots on parts of my face and every few weeks I'm still having minor breakouts :-/ I use a powerful face wash that's really hard to get my hands on now but it does its job to keep acne away but these spots i just cant seem to get rid of. makeup covers them but i used to only wear Powder (I hate wearing liquid foundation) and id love to get back to that. So last week I read somewhere all the fabulous benefits that coconut oil may provide for you (inside and out but right now im only interested in the skin part) So did some searching and found a fan favorite to use and I went to the local granary and bought it. I've been using it for a few days, I will wash my face at night (with my heavy duty wash) and put it on in place of my moisturizer (I also have dry skin around my mouth because of my powerful face wash, I just can't win) then I will wash in the morning with my gentle wash and then put the oil on again and wear it under my makeup (as moisturizer again) I tried not to get my hopes of BUT I am happy to say that just after a few days the red spots have visibly started to fade away!! And my skin feels better and looks better! I never would have thought. So there you go, google the uses (even for cooking!) it might be something that you could benefit from too!


No comments:

Post a Comment